In the UK we tend to have the sweet pancakes, made with a basic flour batter. They are usually coated with lemon and sugar, chocolate sauce or golden syrup. This is another version to try, you won’t be disappointed!
INGREDIENTS SERVES 4 Makes 12 small pancakes
- 350 grams of roasted butternut squash
- 1 bulb of garlic, left whole to be roasted with the squash, if not just one chopped finely clove of garlic
- (Roast garlic and squash in the oven for 30 mins at 180 degrees)
- few sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp. of cumin seeds
- 1 red chilli
- 2 large free range egg
- 300 ml semi skimmed milk
- 150 grams of self-raising flour
- Freshly nutmeg
- olive oil or low calorie spray oil
If your doing slimming world they work out approximately 7.75 syns for 3 but there soooo worth it !
For all my current cooking creations, healthy and definitely not click on ….
Lets Get Cooking !
Take the roasted butternut squash and mash it up with a fork into a large bowl. Add the rosemary, cumin, salt and pepper. If you are making this from previously roasted squash, add 1 clove of chopped garlic to the squash also.
If you have a roasted garlic bulb, squeeze the little cloves out of the skins into the butternut squash. (Roasted garlic is much sweeter and mellow than raw garlic.)
Have a Flipping Good Pancake Day!
Enjoy, any comments or questions please get in touch!