Mouth watering mushroom soup is super quick to make! With a hint of whole grain mustard in this bowl the soup is hearty and delicious.
Storm Doris is doing her best to blow the tiles off the roof. I had a carton of mushrooms left in the fridge, so I decided I needed some sustenance to warm me up in these terrible gales!
Looking out of my window the weather is so dark and blustery, at least this soup kept me warm.
INGREDIENTS SERVES 3 – 4
- 300 grams mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- 2 -3 sprigs of thyme, leaves only
- 600 ml / 1 pint of stock hot (2 stock cubes, can be chicken or vegetable)
- 1/2 tsp whole grain mustard
- Olive Oil or Spray Oil
- x2 tbsp. of crème fraiche (or low fat crème fraiche)
- Salt and pepper
On the hob!
Drizzle or spray a medium sized pan with oil and place it on the hob on a medium to high setting. Add the onions to soften gently stirring so they don’t burn. Once softened add the mushrooms, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Let them simmer for a few minutes.
Next add the stock, simmer for 10 minutes until the mushrooms are soft. With a hand blender blitz up the mushroom mixture. Then add the crème fraiche stir in well. Serve with warm crusty bread and butter! I served mine with butternut squash waffles.