Bursting with full of sweet flavours and textures, this is a luxurious lasagne. The creamy ricotta toping goes so well with the rich ragu, covering the medley of vegetables layered between the pasta sheets, this is a comfort food winner!
I made this up by using left over vegetables in my fridge you can use allsorts of different veggies, you can be creative!
INGREDIENTS SERVES 4 – 6
- X 1 500 gram of homemade Ragu many ways
- 1 sweet potato, chopped into 1 cm slices
- 1/4 butternut squash, chopped into 1 cm slices
- 1 large red onion, finely sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely sliced
- handful of mushrooms left whole
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into large chunks
- 1 large courgette, cut into half-moons 1 cm thick
- few sprigs of basil
- Drizzle of Olive oil or spray low calorie oil
- Sprinkling of paprika
- Sprinkling of mixed dried herbs
- 250 gram of Ricotta Cheese
- x 3 tbsp. heaped of quark (soft low fat cheese)
- x 1 large free range egg
- x 1 125gram mozzarella ball
- dried lasagne sheets (I used 6 but you can use more depending on your dish)
- 2 large tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
Lets get cooking
Pre- heat the oven to 200 degrees (US 392 DF)
I had ragu in the freezer from my batch cooking early on in the month.
Using a large baking tray, drizzle it with olive oil or spray oil. Put the sweet potato, butternut squash, onion, garlic, mushrooms, pepper, courgette, basil, paprika, mixed herbs and salt and pepper onto the tray, give it a good stir around. Put it into the oven for around 30 – 35 minutes until they have softened.
Whilst the veggies are cooking mix the ricotta and quark in a large bowl with a free range egg, salt and pepper stir well. Slice the tomatoes ready for the decoration. Drain the mozzarella and tear into chunks ready for decorating.
When the vegetables have softened lift out of the oven. Using a casserole dish, spoon on half the mixture onto the base of the dish. Then had half of the ragu mixture. Place the lasagne sheets on top of the ragu pressing down. Next repeat the same. On the final layer of the lasagne, spoon and spread on the ricotta mix. Decorate with mozzarella, basil and tomatoes and salt and pepper.
Place into the oven for 40 minutes, making sure the pasta sheets have softened and the cheese is all golden and bubbling on the top.
Mop up with some warm crusty bread !