Quick, delicious and zingy Tuna & Prawn, lemongrass pasta is a delight. Full of Mediterranean flavours its an easy two pot meal and can be made in under 20 minutes. Great for a Friday night feast!
INGREDIENTS SERVES 4
- x 4 Tuna steaks
- 150 gram of prawns (I used uncooked fresh prawns)
- 1 stalk of lemon grass (finely sliced)
- 1 tbsp. of dried fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp. of salt
- 4 Cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 red chilli deseeded (optional)
- bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
- x 2 packets of cherry tomatoes, sliced in halves
- 1/2 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. of smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. of sugar (or sweetener)
- Fresh basil (a pot or large handful)
- Lime (juice of)
- Lemon (for a quick squirt and decoration)
- Rocket 4 handfuls
- Spaghetti (manufactures portion and cooking directions per person)
- Sprinkling of Parmesan shavings
- x 2 tbsp. of quality olive oil or low calorie spray oil
COOKING ON THE HOB!
Take a large pan and fill it with water, start to heat it up ready for the pasta. Using a pestle and mortar or a mug and rolling pin, put in the fennel seeds, salt, garlic, chilli, juice of a lime and 1 tbsp. of olive oil. Mash it up.
Place the tuna into a large bowl add the mashed up spice mix! Leave to soak for a few minutes. Chop up the lemon grass, spring onions, and tomatoes. Once all prepared, take a large frying pan and add 1 tbsp. of olive oil or low calories spray, heat on a high setting. Add the tuna fillets fry them on each side for a 1 – 3 minutes, depending on how you like the meat cooked. Take them out of the pan to rest, wrap with foil to keep warm.
In the pan add the pasta to the boiling pot and cook per instructions, mine took 8 minutes.
Next add the cherry tomatoes, lemongrass and spring onions. Stir for a few minutes to bring out the juices. Add salt and pepper then the prawns, and any residue garlic, give it a quick stir throwing in the chopped tomatoes. Sprinkle the paprika and sugar or sweetener and freshly ground black pepper, and handfuls of basil giving it a good mix. Put it onto a low simmer to infuse. Taste to see if you need to add anymore salt or sugar etc. When the pasta is cooked, throw it into the tomato mixture, coat all the strands well, squeeze lemon all over and serve. Plate up the spaghetti, rocket and tuna with a sprinkling of parmesan to taste.
Enjoy your Friday Night!